November 13, 2010

why do you blog?

I have recently, slowly, started to enter the blogging world. A couple of friends encouraged me to do it, and both of them told me "Do this for YOU. Make it your own."

So, I've tried to do that.

But about a month ago, I realized why I want to blog. I had put a fairly personal post up toward the end of the week, and when we were at church that Sunday, a friend of ours approached me. He said, "I've known you for a while. But today I feel as if I know you a little better."

And that was it.  Whether I happen to share with old friends or make some new ones online, I think my hope is that people who read my blog will come away from it feeling that they know me a little better.

Thanks, Mike!

So, why do you blog?

1 comment:

  1. i blog for a few reasons. first, to keep people updated on our lives and not have to tell the same stories over and over. second, i've found that i'm getting to know people better, at my own convenience! how cool is THAT? third, it makes me feel like i'm DOING something instead of just hanging with the kidlets. it helps me so much! and everytime i think "gosh, i spend too much time on this, i need to stop" SOMEONE mentions something that keeps me blogging away!

    ReplyDelete