November 15, 2010

that's how I roll

I have straight hair.   

stick. straight.  


There's  a lot of it, as my stylist will tell you, but it is baby fine. Good in the split ends department, not so great when I want it to hold a shape. Any shape.

So imagine my excitement when I discovered a couple of products that will actually put some style in my hair! To the left are velcro rollers, so named because they feel like  - wait for it - velcro! I put these in after I dry my hair, then blow over them again and let everything set for 15 or 20 minutes. They're not so much for actually curling my hair, but do a fantastic job of volumizing. I get a pretty nice frame around my face after using these babies.

To the right, are a little number I just discovered this spring. These are magnetic rollers. Not because they have magnets in them, as I first assumed. But because, apparently, hair seems to stick to them "magnetically". For this set, I douse my hair with all kinds of bumble&bumble, then wrap sections around while still wet. Several super comfortable, stylish, private hours later (remember how I have a lot of hair, baby fine notwithstanding?)     ....                                Voila!                      Tight Shirley Temple-esque, or larger wavy - depending on the size of the roller - curls now grace my head. 


It sounds weird. I know. But with the aid of a generous handful of styling products, these magical pieces of plastic can actually convince my hair to hold a curl. For several days. (Not that I would know. I, of course, would never go 3 days without washing my hair. Ahem.)
                                                                             As you can see, my sister's entire bridal party was sporting the roller look. I'm the one in the pink tank, looking away from the camera. Rocking my magnetic rollers, indeed.
And the finished product, which of course, you can't see. I know I had the perfect picture somewhere, just can't find it when I need it. :) 




So, there you have it. 

Velcro rollers and magnetic rollers. Like fairy godmothers for your hair. 

Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment