Camp began yesterday, and was preceded with copious amounts of whining and arguments against participation. What? My child whining?! Say it's not so... "I won't know anyone. The pool there is too dark and scary. I told you I would prefer not to do this. I don't have a lock for my locker." And so on, and so forth.
Was I swayed? Nope.
HOWEVER.
I picked him up in the afternoon, and the conversation in the car went something like this:
Me: How was your day?
S: Well, the first thing I want to say is, I would REALLY, REALLY like you to sign me up for camp next year.
Me: Oh, really? Why's that?
S: At first, I didn't think I'd like it. I thought, "Oh, no. The Horror! It's going to be scary and I'm not going to know anyone..."
Me: (trying desperately not to laugh hysterically) The Horror?
S: Yeah, but it was really good. I learned a lot. And I want to go next year, please?Seriously, no exaggerations in this conversation. I can not make this stuff up! I did permit myself to giggle a bit when he finished - I mean, could you have kept a straight face? Suffice it to say, we shall be signing up again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment