February 11, 2010

taking the plunge


This is it. I'm really doing it. Well, giving it a shot, anyway...  Here's my first attempt at blogging! I've been so inspired by the blogs I discovered last year, the last few months I've thought seriously about starting my own. Here goes :) As a newly initiated blogger, I'm open to any suggestions or tips you may have to share...

So, about me... I turned 30 on Labor Day. Grew up in Toledo and now live just outside of Cleveland. I'm the oldest of 5 siblings -- 1 brother and 3 sisters... Graduated from Hiram College with a biology degree.  And as much as I loved school, I think the studying  burned me out, so now pretty much all my reading is fiction! I've been married to my high school sweetheart for 11 1/2 years, and we have an almost-9-year-old son, who can swim like nobody's business and will gladly talk your ear off about anything imaginable... and to whom Santa gifted an outrageously adorable puppy last month.
 I enjoy scrapbooking and recently discovered crocheting and sewing (thank you, etsy).  Try to keep up with family and friends on facebook... how did we survive high school without it?!  Am hopelessly addicted to Food Network, HGTV, and Bravo.  And I could easily spend a whole weekend watching the BBC versions of the classics: Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Cranford... I highly recommend them if you're in the mood for something girly, but not sappy :)


Is that everything? Probably not, but it's all I can think of for now! Thanks for reading -- let me know what you think! I'm off to go clear off the driveway (again.) and another couple of hours at swim practice.

Stay warm!
Beth







2 comments:

  1. YAY! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I, for one, cannot WAIT to read about the life and times of YOU.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO so glad you did it!!!

    In just about 5 minutes, I'm going to post an award for you... come get it! :)

    ReplyDelete