February 26, 2010

Snow Day!


This morning we finally got our first snow day of the year. It brought back memories of when my mom would quietly wake me up and say "There's no school today. Go back to sleep." And turn off my alarm so I wouldn't wake back up.

I proudly carried on the tradition, but Seth must have forgotten when he got up :) I was getting ready to go to the gym, made him some hot cocoa, and told him to get his coat and shoes on. When I saw him rummaging in his bookbag for his homework folder, I reminded him there was no school, and would he please just get his coat and shoes on...

At which point he turned and said/sang,

"No school?! IT'S A SNOW DAY! WOO HOO!! It's a snow day! Yay!Yay!Yay!Yay! I'ts a snow day!"


(continuing to proclaim his newfound freedom all the way up the stairs and into his bedroom)

HA! Just made me smile... listening to his exuberance and remembering how exciting my own childhood snow days. :)

So, Happy Snow Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment